Sunday, December 31, 2006

At the Turn of the Year

Happy New Year from Unsolicited Opinion. I hope 2007 brings you much joy and wonder with just enough challenge to make it interesting. As for 2006, most survived. Saddam Hussein and Gerald Ford didn't make it. Neither did tens of thousands of Iraqis and countless other victims of violence throughout the world. At best, any retrospective for the year will be somber.

Much better for me personally as a blogger. I attended the first YearlyKos in Las Vegas which was a lot of fun and filled with energy. Looking back, that was for me the beginning of the Democratic sweep in November, although it was far from certain then. I wrote several Daily Kos diaries and many comments. In the process I linked up with fellow veterans. Unsolicited Opinion received some welcome support from Mockingbird's Medley, The Galloping Beaver and The Moderate Man. In October Mimus Pauly invited me to join Mockingbird's Medley.

Thanks to everyone for your support and comments. I write mainly for myself, to clarify my thoughts and understand my beliefs. Putting my thoughts out for all to see requires me to think and write clearly. That's all. I'm not trying to convert you or berate you. I'm just thinking out loud, sometimes mellow, sometimes angry, ocasionally snarky, mostly thoughtful I hope. I appreciate you reading my words.

Peace and Love in 2007 from Rez Dog.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

tl'e'goh dah'dilt'oh

(celebrate the coming of the new)

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home