Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A Patriot's Duty

Came across this 1967 quote from Martin Luther King at The Rude Pundit.
And I might say this is another basic reason why I am involved and concerned. It is because I love America. I am not engaged in a hate America campaign. I would hope that the people of this country standing up against the war are standing up against it because they love America and because they want to see our great nation really stand up as the moral example of the world.

This pretty much summarizes my reasons for opposing America's wars over the last four decades. Admittedly, I didn't alwasy feel quite so generous. It took a while to get over Vietnam. My anger often blinded me to what is good about my native country. Just about the time I finally put that anger to rest, BushCheney invaded Iraq.

This time around, I can honestly say that I oppose this war because I love America and the ideals upon which it was founded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home