Friday, February 16, 2007

Canine Accupuncture


Yesterday, my aging Dalmatian, Prince, was treated by a veterinary accupuncturist. He's halfway toward 15 years old and showing his age noticeably. The treatment is not so much to arrest his aging as it is to ameliorate some of his difficulties. The accupunturist came to my place and spent about two hours with us. Here's what the treatment looked like.






Prince tolerated the whole thing pretty well. We saw some initial results right after the accupuncture--Prince walks a bit more steadily now--so we are hopeful.





Note: This and the previous post represent a new plateau for this humble blog. I have finally figured out how to load images. Not that it's particulaly difficult. I just never took the time to try. Maybe now that I can add visuals, I will push my readership into the mid-two digits.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Fixer said...

Our Cattle Dog Shayna has had hip problems since she was very young. She was a rescue pup and nobody did CERF testing on her. My point is there are two good meds that have helped her cope (she's 9 now). One is Cosequin DS, a chewable Glucosamine Chondroitin mix much like Osteo-Biflex for humans.

The other is Prevacox (also chewable), an analgesic for occasional use with far fewer side effects than Rimadyl.

Just a little info.

Prince is a good looking dog by the way.

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home