Saturday, June 23, 2007

My Meeting with John McCain, The Response

Back in April I corresponded with my senior US senator, John McCain, regarding American policy in Iraq and the Middle East. I sent him a "transcript" of the conversation I would like to have with him and asked to continue the discussion in person. Yesterday, I received a reply. The senator is unable to meet with me at this time.



The senator did, however, describe my letter as kind and thoughtful so we can assume that I did not misrepresent his positions on the issues I addressed. Unlike most letters I receive from the senator, this one had a real signature; the ink actually bled through the paper. No signature machine involved.

Perhaps during his final two years in the Senate, he will have more time. I'll check back.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger The Minstrel Boy said...

i just hope his job search goes well when he's done with his soon to implode campaign for preznit. i doubt he'll ever achieve the elder statesman role that goldwater, hayden, and even deconcini all attained.

maybe he can be a bull screw in tent city for sherrif joe.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home