Saturday, August 02, 2008

He Doesn't Get It, Either

This space is home to much gleeful McCain bashing--well deserved, I believe but I do think it's unkind to call him "batshit insane" and will refrain from doing so in future posts--but I don't see much possibility for change when Obama says things like this:
"My interest is in making sure we've got the kind of comprehensive energy policy that can bring down gas prices," Obama, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, said in an interview with the Palm Beach Post. "If, in order to get that passed, we have to compromise in terms of a careful, well-thought-out drilling strategy that was carefully circumscribed to avoid significant environmental damage -- I don't want to be so rigid that we can't get something done." (emphasis added)

As a community organizer who no doubt has seen addition destroy individuals and families, I would expect Obama to be seeking ways to end this nation's petroleum addiction. Instead, he's looking for ways to lower the cost of the daily fix.

New boss. Meet old boss.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home