Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Man Deserves Credit

My expectations for President Obama are limited but I do see hope in actions such as opening America's public records once more. In the words of his newly signed executive order,
The Freedom of Information Act should be administered with a clear presumption: In the face of doubt, openness prevails.... In responding to requests under the FOIA, executive branch agencies should act properly and in a spirit of cooperation, recognizing that such agencies are servants of the public.

In his first few days, Obama has fulfilled my highest expectation: he is the anti-Bush. Now comes the hard part.

I wish him well.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Yeager said...

Hell, Obama's done more good in the last four days than Bush did in eight years.

I can't complain...

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home