Friday, December 23, 2011

Always a Sobering Holiday

For the past four decades my Christmas holiday has always been shadowed by Vietnam. Thoughts of Vietnam are still very much part of this year's holiday. But after last year's return to Vietnam, the vibe is different. Now I have other holiday memories of Vietnam that contend with those long ago memories.

Still, in a world were war is a part of everyday life for many, I can never escape thoughts of war at this supposed time of peace. I'm just too hard-wired not to pay attention. And if I pay attention then I must begin to think of an alternative.

Like the one these soldiers created.

As told by John McCutcheon.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Merry Christmas brother. And may the New year bring peace.

10:09 PM  
Blogger rangeragainstwar said...

RD,
best thoughts and wishes to you.
if you're ever in fl. pls drop by for a visit.
i speak for Lisa also.
jim

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home