Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Election Eve

The deed is done.  My ballot is filled out.  I am no longer undecided.   Well, exept for a couple of judicial races where I could not think of any good reason to vote one way or the other; either one will do fine, I am sure, so why waste the ink?  Maggie will drop my ballot off at the collection box tomorrow with hers.  Tomorrow evening around 8:30 PST Washington State will go strongly for Obama.  Four years ago that was the end of it; Obama had won and we could all go to bed early.  This year, I hope but don't expect that we will have a final result that early.

For these last few hours, though, all of the possibilities remain open, even if they are the merest chimera.  In the next 24 to 36 hours half of those possibilities will be ended.  Unsuccessful candidates and their supporters will be wondering Why?  How come?  If only...  I've been on the short end of  enough campaigns to know the feeling well and fully expect to experience it again.  Maybe even tomorrow

Once more unto the breach, dear friends...  The game's afoot...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home