Thursday, July 18, 2013

Dubious Propositions

Paying attention to Virginia news, especially Virgina politics, is ingrained in me even though I departed my home state long ago.  I've watched Virginia turn from a conservative Democratic (neo-Republican, in fact if not name) oligarchy into a somewhat competitive two party state.  In all those years, I never heard a candidate campaign on criminalizing consensual sexual behavior in adults.  Thanks to Ken Cuccinelli that deficit has been erased. 

Which would give me every reason to vote for his Democratic opponent, for whom I have no respect or trust.  I know Terry McAuliffe only as Clinton's bagman, a rich guy with minimal history in Virginia.  Not being Ken Cuccinelli, for whom crusading against oral and anal sex is fully in character, is more than enough to make Terry a reasonable choice.

A choice but not much of one.


Spare a thought for the stay-at-home voter
His empty eyes gaze at strange beauty shows
And a parade of gray suited grafters
A choice of cancer or polio
--Salt of the Earth
   The Rolling Stones




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home